Sunday 17 January 2010

Day 5 - Science World!

I love Science World. It's as if an army of really smart people were given loads of money, and each made the coolest toy (with a vague scientific-educational theme) that they could think of. Every time I go, I find another secluded corner with new awesome things in it. I'm with Pocahontas on this one: there's more to see than can ever be seen.

So, that's where I took the kids today. I finally got a year's membership - not that expensive - so now whenever I'm at a loss on a rainy day, Science World will be a tempting option... and free! The only awkward bit is having lunch there - the cafe is uncomfortably expensive, and there's nowhere else to eat. I took sandwiches today, and we ended up eating them on a (rather wet) bench outside.

That aside, a slightly frustrating conversation with Sylvia. We'll get there in the end, I think.

Jobs today: eh, well, I'm going to change the rules. Looking after the kids for 12 hours (and doing not too bad a job, if I do say so myself) qualifies as a job itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment