Friday 15 January 2010

Day 3 - Love and Independence

Wow. On my way home today, I was afraid I'd have to admit, here, that I had failed to do anything at all. Yet here I am, on possibly my most productive evening so far.

First, I finally borrowed a screwdriver from Joe. Time to get those files from the old Mac drive.

Second, long discussion with Sylvia about love and emotional closeness. Her definition: love is that emotion that makes people come to a gravestone, or to someone in a coma, just for companionship - because all they want is to feel that person's presence again, however remotely. It was was electrifying. My skin tingled all over.

Third, long email to my mother about independence, and how teenagers have to rebel (which I never did). "Patronizing" is really a very well-named word.

Enough buzzwords. Let's just get on with turning this life around.

No comments:

Post a Comment