Tuesday 26 January 2010

Day 14 - School registration

Wow, what a day. My feet hurt.

Took Michael to the school board nice and early in the morning, got him registered with the school board. Waiting in the waiting room took a ridiculous amount of time, so I ended up having to take the day off work. Thoughtfully, they provided things for the kids to do, so I read Michael various books. He didn't want to play with the lego or any of the toys though.

I particularly liked one book - a man leaves his house one night, angry after arguing with his wife. He kicks his donkey, rides him around a bit, then ties him to a post and goes to bed. When he leaves house the next morning, he realizes that what he thought was his donkey was actually a tiger! He runs away in terror. Nevertheless, word gets around that a man has ridden a tiger and tied it up outside his house: the king thinks "wow, I should get this brave guy to sort out this army that's threatening to attack the kingdom". He sends a horse to collect the man, and the horse takes him straight to the enemy camp. Terrified, the man grabs hold of a tree to make the horse stop - but instead he uproots it. So he rides into the enemy camp brandishing a tree, and the army runs away at this display of strength...

Anyway, after lunch I took Michael to nursery, and then took Melissa to Hudson elementary school, and filled in more forms. Now he's fully registered for the French course. Deadline was Friday.

After picking Michael up from nursery, I took them to Sears and bought myself some glasses. Taking the insurance and the Sears gift card into account, I'll end up paying less than $50.

Finally, tonight I packed three Zendikar boxes for sale on Ebay. I'll post the first one tomorrow.

So, four jobs to do tomorrow - post the box; file insurance claim for glasses; MSP group coverage form (deadline is wednesday); talk to Joe about replacing the fuse on the kitchen power socket.

Weird how everything is due simultaneously...

No comments:

Post a Comment