Friday 22 January 2010

Day 10 - a day off! Got some work done.

After a week of Not Much in terms of getting stuff done, today was pretty good. Went to register Michael at the Vancouver School Registration Board in the morning... but it turns out we were meant to take Michael with us, oops. We'll have to try again on Monday. Hopefully Sylvia will be willing to do it alone next time, now that we've gone once and seen the route.

More successfully, finally bought some new shoes, without broken soles! I'm a little concerned that my feet were already hurting after wearing them for 5 minutes, but I guess I'll wear them in soon enough.

In the afternoon, I took Melissa to the library. She slept a good hour or two, so I took the opportunity to read a bit of The Stepford Wives, and Tom Strong.

Also went to Future Shop and spent my birthday gift certificate on V for Vendetta. I loved this the first time I saw it, hope to love it again. Still have some money left; I'll go back another day and see if I spot anything else worth having.

Finally, went to work and brought home one of the spare office chairs they were trying to get rid of. It's so much more comfortable than the crappy one we had, there's just no comparison. However, it's also a LOT heavier. I brought it home by stacking it on top of the big pushchair, with its little wheels in the air. Melissa had to walk. (Not that far; we took a bus.)

Suffering from a headache this evening. Maybe I'm dehydrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment